You are what you eat

Walter

How does this adage apply to you? If we had a habit of eating fast food, do you think we would also be fast in many things (eating, gaining weight, getting sick, aging, etc.)?

enthusiast

That's a good analogy, Walter. Yes, I believe if you make a habit of eating fast food, you will be fast to get sick, age, and the rest of what you said. On the other hand, if you eat a truly healthy diet, take supplements when needed, and exercise you'll be healthy, look younger, etc.

vanillabean

I agree with enthusiast. The more fast food that you eat, then the faster your body ages.

I mean, think of all of that grease. That certainly makes things cook a lot quicker...imagine all of that in your system!

natural1

Interesting thought. I try to eat veggies and fruit when I can afford it. These days I`m lucky to even have enough to buy food for everyone. I like to buy the frozen fruit and mix it with yogurt in my blender. Yummy.

Walter

That's great to eat veggies and fruit as often as possible, Natural. What about growing them yourself? Doing so, you can keep them organic and get even healthier food.

curer

I totally agree with Walter that you are what you eat. It's very much true that those who eat fast food put on weight faster, age faster and get sick faster. Well, I keep away from fast foods. I like vegetarian food. Now, I am planning to switch over to fruit based diet.