Wrong Insertion

Natural

What will happen to us if someone made a mistake when inserting the needles or pins in acupuncture? If you watched the movie Kiss of the Dragon, Jet Li made a single puncture wound with a needle at the back of the neck of the villain and it killed him. I don't know if that is only in movies or is true.

wanderingherb

Hopefully a person would be seeing a licensed acupuncturist in which case, sudden death or extreme pain would not be an issue.

I found this:
Bilateral tension pneumothorax due to acupuncture: Two autopsy cases - Lee - 2010 - Basic and Applied Pathology - Wiley Online Library

I thought it was interesting. But it does state there were only two cases and who's to say it was actually from the acupuncture.

The back of the neck, yes I would imagine might possible to deliberately insert. That is all our brain signals there. But I would think brain damage before actual death. Who knows!! I mean it is Jet Li we're talking about. He's the man besides Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan! But I don't think they all practice the same discipline!

When you think about it, it would take years of specialized training in a "death" type of discipline. What would be the purpose of such training? LOL. Who knows. Chalk it up to a movie.

wanderingherb

Natural

There are only 2 cases stated in the research but who knows how many more patients suffered from uneducated hands. Well, even medical doctors can make mistakes so how much more with inserting needles.

Maternal

I think acupuncture malpractice can cause damage to your health as much as medical malpractice does. I am not a big fan of acupuncture myself. I hate needles.

Natural

I just watched a TV show that portrayed an acupuncture procedure for kids. A pediatrician approved it but I'm not comfortable with the idea that babies will undergo this procedure.

wanderingherb

I just watched a TV show that portrayed an acupuncture procedure for kids. A pediatrician approved it but I'm not comfortable with the idea that babies will undergo this procedure.
Ya, wow, I'm not against acupuncture but babies and youguns can really move about. That kind of raises my brow.

wanderingherb

Maternal

I am not against acupuncture either but they shouldn't do it to babies and kids. I think their (the kids and babies) nerves and organs are too delicate to undergo such treatment.