Would you eat bugs?

Depending on the bug maybe I would try it. But the thought of eating something as gross as a bug may make me just gag.
I can barely pick up a dead bug under lots of paper towels and throw it out, much less think about putting it in my mouth. I am completely with you on the gag part. Bugs are just nasty.

natuska

Sure if I am lost in a desert and there is no food, I will eat! As an option to day by day never, I will not try this! I have a very sensible stomach and my taste is so high, so to eat must to have good smell and nothing too exotic.

Melissa

Personally Id rather die of starvation than eat a bug. But to be honest we eat bugs everyday. Not only do we swallow an average of 7 spiders per year in our sleep, but dyes that are present in foods come from bugs. I was pretty disgusted when I found out but it still doesnt stop me from pounding back a gatorade :)

Laurasav

There is no way I could ever see myself eating bugs! Not even if I was starving. Of course, I've never been in a position of starving, thankfully! But I just can't imagine picking bugs up and actually eating them. YUCK! Seriously gross!

Ja'cobeC

I can't do it because I would throwup as soon as I eat it. A dude I used to work with eat worms and stuff for money at work lol. We was chewing on a bird head one day smh so nasty.

beckyv1265

Oh I love bugs and they are definately a very high protein source. I like them sauteed in butter and dusted with spicy seasoning. Some i like with cinamon and sugar. Yummy.

AnonaMoss

I don't think I would find bugs appetitizing! But anything is possible. I would be willing to try it if it didn't look like a bug and if I was sure it was safe to eat.

save27

Nope, not unless I had to! It just sounds like it would be so weird and bad tasting, I have no reason at all to eat bugs either. Maybe if it was for $100...haha I still probably wouldn't do it then.

jblythe4

I think that I could eat bugs, only if I had to, but I most definitely don't want to eat bugs. I don't car how much protein is in them or how much they taste like chicken.

Esperahol

I was watching a show about different groups of people in San Francisco who forage for their food and what they ate. One group advocated eating bugs (meal worms in particular) as a sustainable, cheap and high nutrient staple. They prepared them in different ways but I just don't think I could do it. Could you?
I have eaten ants in chocolate - it tasted like a Nestle Crunch bar. I have also had fried meal worms dusted with nacho cheese powder - it was alright as long as I didn't think to hard about it. The insects are clean since they are captured and fed over the course of a week or two. You can also specially order the insects which can be best considering the parasites and bacteria you might find otherwise.

dissn_it

No thank-you! I think it would have to be a survival situation in order for me to knowingly consume a bug. I can't even handle wathing Bear Grylls do it.

shaunche

I ate deep fried scorpion in Thailand, I didn't enjoy it. I would eat bugs if I needed to in a survival situation. I would eat bugs for a dare, I'm not particularly squeamish. In Mexico they eat ant eggs, it is delicacy and rich in protein.

Jessi

I could. I wouldn't if I had the choice not to, but if I were pushed to the point of poverty or desperation in the wild, then sure. I wouldn't starve myself more intentionally when there's obviously a source of nutrition available, even if it's not ideal or desirable.

I can eat bugs and have to agree if they are eaten properly they can be rather tasty. Heck, my husband got a book on vermiculture and it had recipes listed for different ways to prepare worms. That is one bug which I probably could not eat because they squirm to much!

dziomek

I have accidentally eaten a bug or two while riding my bike, and they are gross! I just cannot see myself willingly eating bugs or worms. When I was in elementary school there was a boy in junior high who ate an earthworm in front of everyone. I can still remember watching him eat it and wondering how he could do it without vomiting.