Working while on Vacation

Myrrh

So we spent three days and two nights at a resort. It was supposed to be a break from work, but I still took my tablet and laptop with me. I just couldn't help it. I have a part-time work-at-home job, so I felt like I couldn't afford to not check my emails or not get part of the job done.

Luvkenny

That is too bad. I try to do as little as possible when I am on vacation. I work my tail off before vacation and when I get back. We all need a break from work.

freshfoodie

Myrrh, I am the exact same way. I have 3 jobs that I work online, so I feel compelled to check in at least every couple of days. It drives my hubby nuts, but I just can't help myself. Plus, I really like to make money.

SoftRain

It is hard to step away when you work from home. I do try to plan around vacations so I don't have to work, but occasionally I end up checking in anyway.

jason

Have a great day
I do it more often then I should. Drives the wife crazy, but sometimes it needs to get done.

Myrrh

When people around me ask me why I can't seem to survive a day without turning on my laptop and checking my email, I just smile because I know it's true. :D It's just that I become restless when I know that there are stuff that need to get done.

Alli

I'm another one that can't stay away from checking email every day. If not, I would have so many to answer when I got home it would take forever. Plus, I have a schedule that I must meet for an online job. It doesn't ruin my vacation but I do have to factor it in.

chabella

All Lady
I try to avoid work on break days too but sometimes there are just not enough hours in the day. I keep telling people that I need to retire early since I started working early but I doubt that is going to happen.