Working in my gardens

Luvkenny

Anyone else feel that working in the garden is a healthy practice? When I am in my flower garden I am at peace! I shut the world out around me. I am getting a workout and clearing my head!

rayne

Yes I do LuvKenny. I generally can't wait to get things planted in the spring so I can watch them grow. There is a calming affect when working with plants and being outside. I can actually hear the birds sing and hear the wind blow. Peaceful indeed!

Hyacinth

Our senior neighbor loves to work in his garden. He's retired, and he says that he has found a new love in gardening. Working in his garden provides him with physical activity and a chance to connect with nature.

Lyra

I think it really helps keep you active and aids in flexibility. And that is secondary to the spiritual and emotional benefits of working the earth and growing things and beautifying the world.

freshfoodie

My garden is my sanctuary. I love all the manual labor that goes into growing flowers and my own food. Some people might find that strange but all that work is relaxing.

SuzyQ

I like gardening once I'm out there, in fact it can become addictive when I start weeding or chopping back thick growth, but actually getting up off my bottom and getting out there in the first place is the problem!

Luvkenny

I have no problem getting out there. I would much rather be outside any day! I hate being cooped up inside everyday at work. I am glad I am not the only one who finds gardening healthy and peaceful.

Myrrh

Gardening isn't one of my interests, and I don't have a green thumb either, but I do love being out there in our backyard. For me, it's a treat to get into the hammock, read a good book, and enjoy all the greens that surround me.

Cobbler

Anyone else feel that working in the garden is a healthy practice?
Sure, but not for the plants.:D

I don't have as much of a green thumb as I'd like. I am good at mowing and watering though. There's nothing like the smell of freshly cut grass.

lolli

I love working in my gardens! I tend to three flower gardens and one veggie garden. I concentrate on what I am doing so all my problems disappear. My kids even like to play in the dirt.