Will detoxing help?

smellsrfun

I have been bloated for a while now. I am very irregular too and I want to do something that will get my system back on track. Will detoxing or cleansing help?

relaxme

I'm all set to give it a try. My doctor really wasn't too keen on the idea of me detoxing my body, not sure why. I've too been not so regular lately and I'm hoping this is the thing that will put me back on track.

chabella

All Lady
I have used one before and it was nasty, it was an over the counter I had picked up somewhere and I will never do that to myself again. I wonder how a natural, home made one would work?

shaun

It can't hurt to try. Cleansing the toxins out of your body is a good thing, and I can't think of any negative side affects that it has

GetGoing

I have been bloated for a while now. I am very irregular too and I want to do something that will get my system back on track. Will detoxing or cleansing help?
Why don't you try a not-too harsh detox first. I sometimes suggest to friends that if you eat fibrous fruits such as watermelons and mangoes plus salads for a week, that should bring your funky-feeling bloatiness in line.

Lindsey

I eat a salad a day and that keeps me feeling just right. If I eat too much bread starchy products or dairy I am bloated and sick. Watch out for the coffee, it is a diuretic and it can trigger constipation too. Drink plenty of water. I ued a colon cleansing pill I bought at the drug store and it was wretched. I felt like I had worms in my belly for days. Salads are much nicer.

HannahD

I think a good detox program could help with feeling bloated (assuming the bloat is related to your diet as opposed to being a symptom of some other health issue). There are a lot of different detox programs out there. For bloat you could try cutting out carbonated beverages and processed foods, add a lot more fresh veggies, and take a good fiber drink. Psyllium is a high quality fiber. It comes in a powder and can be mixed with water. Drink it on an empty stomach and it will help move your digestive system along. Also, try to limit the amount of meat you take in while detoxing. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk