Why doesn`t Lavender work for me?

natural1

I have read about Lavender candles , soap,and bath oils. They are supposed to to help you relax but they don`t work for me. Is it just me? Or does my body need a different scent to relax?

wanderingherb

It can be a number of situations. It may not be for you. It may not be real lavender essential oil. It may be cut lavender oil. Not to mention there are two different types of lavender, actually more but the main ones are Lavendula angustifolium and lavendula latifolia. The latter not working the same as the angustifolium. Many companies use a fragrance not an essential oil. In which case it will do no good.

Wanderingherb

Krad

It can be a number of situations. It may not be for you. It may not be real lavender essential oil. It may be cut lavender oil. Not to mention there are two different types of lavender, actually more but the main ones are Lavendula angustifolium and lavendula latifolia. The latter not working the same as the angustifolium. Many companies use a fragrance not an essential oil. In which case it will do no good.

Wanderingherb
I completely agree. Especially if your candles are made from petroleum oil... thats parabens and they are toxic for you. The purest way to find out if Lavender actually works or doesn't work for you is to purchase some Lavendula Angustifolium pure and undiluted from a trusted source (I usually purchase Lavender Oil (Fine, High Altitude) - France) and add a few drops to a diffuser and see how you feel an hour later. You should diffuse in a room where the windows and doors are closed to get the full effect.