Why do they do it?

SuzyQ

I watched a health programme on TV last night where people who were too embarrassed about their ailments talked about them and even showed them to TV doctors and, of course, the viewers. Some were in very intimate places. Why do people do this?

Joyce

I am not sure if it is for the attention or that they are so tired of having the ailment that they are nearly insane, joking. I am not sure, honestly, it is all disturbing.

wanderingherb

What if they don't have insurance and the only way to take care of their ailment is free via, a t.V.
Oooo. That is a wicked thought. Really taking advantage of folks in a bad situation.

I haven't seen the show. No TV cable just dvd player. Sounds terrible though.

wanderingherb

Garden Ginny

I suspect wanderingherb is 110% correct, in which case I will not watch such programs: any time you have to swallow your pride to such a degree to get help is an offense to me, given the times we live in.

And a physical ailment is likely to be replaced by a psychological one, in my opinion.

SuzyQ

This is a British TV programme and we have free health care. Anyone can go to their local doctor with any ailment. Some of these people say that they are too embarrassed to show their doctor, so they show millions of viewers instead? It's insane! People will do anything to get on TV it seems.

Maternal

That's insane. I have never watched the programme myself though. But I guess the TV network keeps the patients anonymous? I mean, they keep their faces hidden, etc.