Who gets Acupuncture?

NLMomma

I've always been very interested in trying acupuncture. I'd love to know, from those who go, why do you get it done? What are the differences you notice? Has it been worth it?

StingingNettle

Even though I think it probably works, I have to admit that I'm a touch leary of getting it done. I know they say the needles do not really hurt, but it is just psychological. It's the idea of those little needles all over that freaks me out a bit.

Joyce

I would not be able to survive chronic pain without the acupuncture. It helps me deal with it, without it, I can't handle the pain for long periods of time.

Walter

I have never tried this though I don't deny that it can be an effective method of treating some diseases. I just hate needles. Noodles are fine but not needles. :D

jason

Have a great day
I have a friend who does acupuncture along with his chiropractor practice. A few times he has done the acupuncture on me. Usually it is for allergies, and it has worked for me. A little weird the first time, but after that it is normal.

enthusiast

My mother had a pain in her leg that would not go away and the doctors could not find the cause. She went to an acupuncturist, who found the cause right away and did the treatment. To my knowledge, the pain has never returned.

Myrrh

I've always had it in mind to try out acupuncture. The thought of the needles pricking my skin sounds scary, but I think I could deal with it...I suppose acupuncture helps reduce the symptoms of stress and relieve body pains. I need to work on these two - stress and body pains.

Victoria

My boyfriend gets acupuncture occasionally. He says it helps him for a couple days. I have heard differing opinions about whether or not it actually works. I don't like the thought of needles being stuck into me, even though I have a tattoo and probably shouldn't be bothered by it!