When to see a chiropractor

Paisley

Do only those who are having severe back pain visit a chiropractor? I have a few little twitches now and then and wonder if a chiropractor can work like a massage therapist? Does a good workout on the back help prevent all those little twinges now and perhaps major problems later?

wonderfuls

Most that I have ran into actually have a massage therapist on staff to help. I know this happens a great deal after someone has been in a serious car wreck, most times the doctor will require the patient to have some massage time and some normal chiro work.

I had a back injury in my early 20's and I went to a chiropractor for it for quite awhile. I know that some people go just to get adjusted without an injury though. I think it works in kind of the same way as massage the chiropractor just isn't as nice as the masseuse.

naturelady

You can definitely go for maintenance and general well-being. Not only that, but chiropractic can also address things you wouldn't think would be related, such as ear aches and emotional issues.

strawberry

I go to a chiropractor about every two weeks. Years ago I suffered whiplash at an amusement park, on the bumper cars of all places. It didn't bother me much until about a year ago. Since I've been going to the chiropractor, it seems to be helping.