What's your house smell?

NLMomma

What is your distinct house smell? As much as I try to make it smell like lavender or vanilla it doesn't. I think it smells like a mixture of kids and fresh air. :)

Myrrh

I've always liked the smell of oranges and tangerines, so I like our home to have a subtle citrus smell. I used to depend on spray deodorizers but the smell could get overpowering. Plus using such products isn't eco-friendly. So now, I use orange peels as a room deodorizer sometimes.

I<3Peppermint

We have 2 dogs and three cats, so we probably smell like dogs or cats. We don't smell it of course but I'm sure other people do. I try to use baking soda on the carpet every week but I don't think it works that well.

question

Right now our house smells of wet basement! :( I am trying to figure out what to do about this because I am concerned about mold. We had so much rain this year that the basement moisture is out of control

StingingNettle

Right now my house smell is cheap paint. Blech! We moved into a place where they painted everything with the cheapest paint available.

I like an ocean breeze smell. Another favorite warming oil I have is a forest scent.