What vitamins/supplements are good for eye sight?

Kaybee517

I've always heard carrots are good for the eyes however I don't know what supplements are good for improving /maintaining health eyes. Any suggestions? I'd imagine that lifestyle practices are vital too. (ie: avoid long hours on the computer, etc.)

I have heard that vitamin E also has good effects on the eyes. Green, leafy vegetables are also beneficial to the eyes because they, too, contain Vitamin A.

srj

Blueberries and carrots improve vision from what I have heard. I think it's the vitamin E or A in them.
Caffeine increases alertness so that could temporarily make you see better. Some green tea would be the best option for caffeine.

jovan107

Kale, sweet potatoes, spinach, brussel sprouts, carrots, salmon, sardines are great for maintaining and improving eyesight. These foods are full of beta carotene, Vitamin C and E, and Lutein, nutrients that are known for improving your vision.

claudine

I've heard that carrots are good for eye sight. If you don't like carrot you can as well drink carrot juice but only when you make it on your own I guess because the one you can buy at the store is often not as good and fresh. Also elderberries and cherries should help because of vitamins in them.