WHat vitamins should I take?

Melissa

Im 27 years old, 5 feet tall and 92 lbs. I find that the womens one a day vitamins make me very dizzy so I am unable to take them. Can anyone reccomend something a bit less strong? Thanks :)

Kaybee517

Multivitamins are a good idea for sure. If women's one a day isn't for you, maybe try Centrum Multivitamins. I used to take those and had no problems.

sandooch

Did you take them on an empty stomache? Some vitamins will make you feel dizzy/nauseous if taken without food. If this was the case, I'd try it once more with some food in you stomache.

Lyra

Did you take them on an empty stomache? Some vitamins will make you feel dizzy/nauseous if taken without food. If this was the case, I'd try it once more with some food in you stomache.
I agree. That is the most likely culprit of the dizziness, by my guess.

Multivitamins have such small amounts of each vitamin. I prefer to figure out what specific vitamins I need and supplement with those specific supplements.

gar

Have you tried Ascorbic acid?
Its the only tablets I'm always taking since time except ferosulfate for anemia because I use to be a nocturnal :D

Jessi

I agree with the others that said the dizziness is from taking them on a stomach that isn't full. I can't take vitamins of any sort without first having a full meal. I also found that if I take them at night right before bed, then I fall asleep before any nausea has a chance to set in.

iampeebs

Do you know what vitamins you are lacking? I agree with Lyra and would try to take the specific vitamins I need as with multiple vitamins, the amount you are getting of each is small and you end up needing more of some and less of others.

Basil Nut

I am taking the Centrum Multivitamins ever since I found out I had a vitamin D and B12 deficiency. I figured I had other deficiencies as well. I'm still on the D the doctor gave me, and I'm taking over-the-counter B12 as well.

pafjlh

The question is what vitamins does your body need? Not everyone will need the same vitamins which is why I'm not a huge fan of multivitamins, they tend to clump us all together in one category, which just isn't true. Every individual has their own individual needs. For example I know for a fact that I need to avoid iron for the most part because if my body isn't in need of it at this time it will make me sick to my stomach. I also now know that I was in need of vitamin B-12 and vitamin D, which I was told by my doctor after having blood work done. Truth be told blood work is one of the best ways to know what your body currently needs in the way of vitamins.