Water fountain

Lyra

Do you have one of those fountain water dishes for your pets? My vet recommended that I get one because my cat started drinking out of my water glass all the time. I know that some cats prefer running water, but I haven't n0ticed her to be particularly interested in it. It is sort of pricey if it won't make much of a difference. Do you think it is worth the money?

beckyv1265

My oldest daughters cat would not drink out of anything but the running tap in the tub or sink . She got one and the cat loves it.

ohiotom76

That would make me a little nervous actually. What if the pets knock it over or something and get shocked? Also, is it easy to keep clean?

I am lucky that my pets don't care...they will drink out of my glass, the bowl, or the running tap. My dog jumps in the bath tub when I am in the bathroom so I can turn the faucet on for her and let her drink from it. Same when we are outside with the hose.

Jessi

My cat likes to dip her paws into people's drinks regardless. It's easier/cheaper just to keep her away from the glasses because it's really not the running water for her.... it's simply that she likes to be a brat. :p

claudine

I think it all depends on a pet's personality:p . My little dog doesn't care if his water is running or not, he usually drinks only from his own bowl. Sometimes he tries to drink from my cup but only when I have tea in it. He loves tea.

Lyra

My cat likes to dip her paws into people's drinks regardless. It's easier/cheaper just to keep her away from the glasses because it's really not the running water for her.... it's simply that she likes to be a brat. :p
See, I ALWAYS have a glass of water around. When she started this, I was having to dump my water (and sometimes change my glass) like 6 or 7 times a day. I have started leaving out a mug of water for her each day next to my glass. As long as there is fresh water in her mug she leaves mine alone.

ohiotom76

Thankfully our cats don't do that. I'll tell you what though, if I had to throw out a glass of expensive wine or liquor over that, we'd be having some issues to sort out.