Vitamins that help with dry, cracked skin

Luvkenny

I have been using a moisturizer but my skin is still pretty dry. My hands are cracking and bleeding. Is there any vitamin that I can take to help keep my skin from getting so dry? I am willing to try anything!

Hedda

I would suggest a topical use of Vitamin E. Perhaps you can find a good Vitamin E oil in a health food store, or just look for a moisturizer that contains it.

Luvkenny

Thanks! I use Cera Ve right now and it isn't helping. I will look for Vitamin E the next time I go. My hands burn when I put anything on them right now, that is how dry they are.

Valerienne

I feel your pain! My skin is always dry and in the winter it gets unbearable. My suggestion is to always put on cream with glycerin and oils before you go out and never go out when your hands are wet. Although you probably already know that. Try vitamins A, C and E and maybe some Omega acids? The best hand cream I've had was based on olive oil with Omega-3 and 6. Another favorite of mine was based on honey.

SoftRain

I was up visiting my parents over the holidays; I forgot how bad my skin gets up there. Winter dryness is the worst! I hope the topical Vitamin E works for you.