Vitamins for joints

Luvkenny

I have been busting tail at Zumba. I am 40 now and my knees feel every jump. Is there something I can take to help with this? It almost feels like there is no fluid in my knees and they hurt.

Lyra

Good question! I have a friend who was just inquiring about the same thing. Her husband has a very active job and his joints are starting to suffer. I'm interested to hear the suggestions.

aunaturel

Glucosamine chondroitin is the best supplement for joints. You can get this in tablet or liquid form now, but the liquid is really pricy. Crush the tablets instead and put them in food or a drink, as it will cost you a lot less.

Luvkenny

Thanks for that! Can I get this at WalMart? I really need to start taking something. I hope this vitamin doesn't interact with my stomach. I have terrible luck with vitamins and my stomach.

WillieR

You can also get the combo with MSM, which helps some people. That may help you quite a bit. I use it daily and it seems like it helps my arthritis a bit. I can't take the combination with MSM because I'm allergic to Sulfa Drugs, but the plain Glucosamine and Chondrotin seems to help me quite a bit.

aunaturel

Yes, Luvkenny, you can get that at Walmart. That's where I buy it. Their brand is just fine and is a lot cheaper than most of the others. Get the largest bottle you can and it will save you the most. Just don't follow the directions, as it has you take far more than you need every day. Take one in the morning and one in the evening - that's all you need. It takes about a month to reach full effect on the joints but it should reduce your pain by then.

chabella

All Lady
I actually do not have an active job unless you count computer work which is not nearly the same as a physical job. I do stay active though but I am a tad younger. Would the same work no matter the age group?

Cobbler

Wouldn't vitamin D work? That's what's in milk and milk is good for the bones. The extent of my vitamin intake are vitamins C and E and I'm still fine.

SuzyQ

I find that taking Omega 3 fish oil helps. I have arthritis in my neck and my doctor suggested it. I've been taking this and eating oily fish a couple of times a week, and I really do feel as though it's doing some good.

freshfoodie

I second the Glucosamine and the Omega 3 fish oil. I have arthritis and it really helps alleviate some of the pain for me. I just take the capsules whole, I don't crush them.