Vitamin D

GetGoing

We all know that we need vitamins in the different letters of the alphabet. Vitamin D is the result of being exposed to sunlight. Unfortunately, sunlight now is not the same as sunlight while we were growing up. Where do we get this vitamin without endangering ourselves then?

thecure

You need to realize that vitamin D is not only obtained for exposing yourself to sunlight but that it can also be ingested by eating certain food types. Try googling it.

CaughtInAmber

I take a vitamin D3 supplement that my doctor recommended. You have to be careful what supplements you take if you are taking any other medication which I am. I have osteoporosis so my doctor recommended me taking 5000IU per day to help combat it.

carsonods

There is a vast body of science showing the many health benefits of vitamin D. It Boosts your immunity & Maintains Your Calcium Balance. Vitamin D is carried in the bloodstream to the liver, where it is converted into the prohormone calcidiol. A deficiency of vitamin D also contributes to osteoporosis by reducing calcium absorption

question

I also take D3. There are different kinds of D vitamins but this is the one you can best absorbed from a vitamin to work with Calcium.

biggy

Yes, sunlight is the best source of Vitamin D. If sunlight is scanty in your place, you can take multivitamin tablets which includes Vitamin D. I think, you can buy these tablets even over the counter. It should not be a problem in my view.

Clover

You don't have to be directly in the sun; you can sit at your window, near enough to get sunlight on you. Direct exposure to the sun for long periods of time is not recommended, but you can go on late afternoon walks or very early morning walks.

glider

You need not expose yourself to sunlight everyday. Whenever sunlight is available, have some exposure and that will suffice. The food you take usually contains several vitamins which will be sufficient. However, if you are particular about getting larger dose of Vitamin D, then you can go for multivitamin tablets containing vitamin D.