Using a timer to get healthy

Trudy

I have started setting a timer for 60 minutes. I will work on my computer, read or do housework.
At the end of each 60 minutes, I reset it for 10 minutes and use my workout CD, or dance or do a set of exercises geared toward keeping me healthy. I can do anything, even sit-ups, for 10 minutes.

That sounds like a good way of doing it. I use a system sorta like that to clean house (it's not my favorite thing to do). I pick an area that I want to work on and set the timer for 15 minutes. After that I stop. A little later on I will repeat it again. It's surprising how much you can get done in that time. :)

Primrose

This sounds like a great idea. After a few health challenges recently, I am going to have to make some changes and this sounds like a workable system. Thanks for the tip. I'll keep it in mind.

Trudy

I read somewhere, perhaps on this forum, about doing a set of arm curls with the canned goods when you put away the groceries. I try to do this several times a day because my arm strength really isn't good. Now I'll hold bottles by their necks and reach around as far as I can up over my shoulders and behind my neck. It gets harder and harder to button those top back buttons as we get older.