Urinary problems in cats

smellsrfun

My cat fattycat has some major urinary problems. He has been in and out of the animal hospital and is now on a special diet. Is there anything natural that I can do for him? He has crystals and they clump and then he cannot urinate.

chabella

All Lady
We had a cat years ago (he has since passed) who was rushed to a kitty hospital for having a UI issue so bad he actually just fell over, scared the beejee's out of my spouse. Is your own on a diet now, of what exactly?

smellsrfun

Yes fatty is on a strict diet. He can only eat the prescription food and nothing else. He was on Science Hill sd but that did not work the way they thought it would and he has been changed. Just picked up the new bag of food yesterday and I don't remember the name.
The Science Hill was $22 for a 4.5 pound bag and the new is $47 for a 15 pound bag.

Charity

Wow! That is one expensive cat food. My kitty has had the crystals as well. I was told to switch her to can food. After she took her antibiotic, I gave her a little bit of yogurt each day. She loves yogurt. I am not sure if it helps, but she hasn't had the problem since.