Ulcerative Colitis

Caterina

My husband was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis about 5 years ago. He has been through many different methods of controlling the condition and the pain that comes with it. None of the methods seem to work and they seem to make things worst because the medicine makes his immune system slow down and he gets sick very often. does anyone now of any natural methods of controlling this condition without prescription drugs?

shaunche

There are natural remedies which can help relieve the symptoms of Ulcerative colitis. I would recommend eating food rich in omega-3 and introducing Probiotics (friendly bacteria) into his diet.

rayne

Wow! I just read the article that katdolores cites and it is very informative. Have your husband follow the suggestions in this article Caterina and see if he doesn't get better. I'll bet he will.

I don't mean to discourage you but speaking from experience, my cousin was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis also. He underwent both prescribed medications and natural/organic remedy as well as diet modification but none of it resulted well. I believe this has something to do with the extent of damaged caused by the ulcer. If this has been going on for years, try to have second opinion. Describe to your doctors the symptoms he has because therapeutic interventions (medications) the primary option. If patients don't respond to it well, or if condition worsens after series of medications; then surgical intervention might be needed. My cousin had to undergo surgical operation after medications didn't worked for him. Best check with your physician, this is alarming because you said it has been 5 years already.