Truly authoritative sources for herbal information?

StarGazer

Other than Herbalist Hut, that is. It's hard to do real research and find the truth about different herbs and herbal concoctions because of all the misinformation printed out there. Unfortunately, too many shysters and quacks have published outlandish and unscientific claims about many herbals and it makes it hard to find the real research.

Primrose

Our local "Vitamin Shoppe" has on site information and well informed personnel that can answer most any question about the uses of herbs. I rely on them often when I have questions. Do you have a health food store or herb shop close by? They should be able to answer any question you may have.

StarGazer

I don't have a good store nearby, unfortunately. I meant an online resource, although I would certainly talk to staff if I had a good health store near me. I'd like to find more scientific research than anecdotal evidence, but even anecdotal evidence is helpful when there is enough of it.

Elberberry

The lack of a good resource is one thing that kept me from trying herbals for so long. I don't have any good resources near me locally and, as Stargazer mentioned, you don't know how much of what you read on the internet can be trusted. That is why I was glad when I found Herbalist Hut.