Tried and True Acne Remedies?

FirstBaby2011

I don't think that there is an answer for this. What works for one person's skin will not work for everyone. I went vegan for months and my skin did not improve at all. However, my mother went vegan and her skin glowed. I think it just depends on your skin and its needs.
I believe that there is no simple method to solving my acne problems. I am, however, beginning to understand how my skin responds to various internal and external conditions. Generally, my easily irritated skin seems to respond better to more moisturization and once a day cleansing. Toners and other products containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide tend to make my skin flake, itch, and redden. I think by sticking to a generally healthy diet and trial and error, I will be able to better manage my skin.

I'm excited to try out some of these suggestions!

jovan107

I know what works for my skin, but this may not work for your skin. Eating healthy and staying away from sugar minimizes my acne. Also, I make a homemade facial cleanser of 1 egg and fresh lemon. I apply this mixture to my face and neck area and leave it on for 10-20 minutes before washing my face with a fragrance free natural soap and pat dry.

shaunche

I believe acne is caused by diet and the toxins we consume. Cut out the food toxins like sugar and processed food in general, eat a diet rich in nutrients from natural whole food and I'm sure you will see an improvement in your skin condition.

beckyv1265

All my teenagers just use lemon. They tried proactive and other things , I however had them do a lemon challenge and they found that it works the best. Even though I don't have acne ,I find that it helps shrink the pores and lightens age spots. At 46 I still don't have to wear makeup on my face and I get lots of compliments on how great my skin looks. I also apply an oil to it at bedtime and after I clean it.

FirstBaby2011

Does anyone here modify their regimen during their period? My acne flares up worse prior to and during my menstrual cycle. I've heard taking Aleve a few days before your cycle can help prevent flare ups, but does anyone have a different method/solution?

marchese

i didn't use a remedy, i used accutane. I know now that that was a bad idea, however it did clear my skin beautifully.....

aquafina

Cut dairy out of your life. There are actually articles on how dairy affects acne. If I don't eat dairy my skin is pimple free, but one sandwich with cheese and my face looks like a mountain.