Toftness Technique for Chiropractic

hellocitty

My latest chiropractor is unlike any other I have seen. She specialized in the Toftness Technique. Rather than twisting and cracking for adjustments, she has me lie down and uses wedges under me or her hand pressure on different spots to bring about the adjustment slower. A session is about 40 minutes as opposed to a five minute session with a regular chiropractor. Another key point to this technique is a machine she holds in one hand while she teaches me with another. It has somethign to do with energy. I wish I could describe it better. There are some websites that describe it, but until you have it done on you--it is hard to visualize.

I really prefer this technique, but it is costly. Her sessions are $55.

Anyone else had this technique done?

amy71219

I have never heard of that technique before but it does sound interesting. My hate the twisting and cracking technique that most chiropractors use. The one that is my favorite is the activator method.

hellocitty

I have never heard of the activator method. I will definitely look into that. I have been hurt by a regular chiropractor before. He was really fast and had a lot of patients. His assistant would take me in and set me up and then he would come in and mindlessly crack me and then leave. It was way too much of a factory mentality. It may have been a fine technique, but his lack of attentiveness and his speed just made the whole thing crappy.

Laurasav

My chiropractor also uses the activator method. It is much gentler than the typical chiropractic adjustment. I've never heard of the Tofness Technique, but it also sounds like a good, gentle adjustment. Glad to hear you have found something that works well for you! :)