Those Who Don't Have To Try

Cobbler

I've run across quite a few people through the years who don't seem to have to try hard, if at all, to stay healthy. Have you ever wondered how that happens? Just good genes maybe?

aunaturel

I think a lot of health issues have a genetic base, but it's also a matter of having a strong immune system. People who eat right, exercise regularly and get enough rest tend to have much stronger immune systems than those who don't.

Myrrh

I've run across quite a few people through the years who don't seem to have to try hard, if at all, to stay healthy. Have you ever wondered how that happens? Just good genes maybe?

I and my sister-in-law were just talking about this. She had her second child more than a year ago, but her post-baby belly is still much of a problem. On the other hand, her friend, who also gave birth on that year, seems to have gotten back her pre-pregnancy shape.

lolli

It has to be in their genes! What else could explain it. I'm not one of those healthy ones without trying kind of people. I like to work for everything in life (ha! I wish I was though). My gram was pretty healthy and she did not do much to be that way.

chabella

All Lady
I am sure some can be blamed on good genes, but not all. I do not have the best genes by any standards so I work a little harder to stay in shape and stay healthy. I just got back test results from my doctor and I aced everything. I doubt I could have done that "doing nothing" though.

freshfoodie

I don't think that anyone "does nothing" to stay in shape. I think that the people who you think don't have to try just eat a healthy diet normally, so they don't seem to be doing anything out of the ordinary to anyone. I don't try overly hard to be healthy or be a healthy weight, but I am. It's because I don't eat a lot of junk.

SoftRain

Plenty of overweight people don't eat a lot of junk, though. It's a misconception that they all do. Those people are the reverse of thin people who eat a terrible, junky diet.

chabella

All Lady
Tons of things factor into weight gain and not all of it can be seen by the naked eye. Genes, medicine the person might be on, a health issue they are not even aware of yet.

jolee

Anybody seen the movie called "The Cure"? I agree with its main message, which is basically that you need to be emotionally healthy to be physically healthy. If you are emotionally unhealthy, it will eventually end up showing up physically.

SoftRain

Emotional health definitely can negatively affect physical health. I think the mind-body link is often underrated. That doesn't mean all physical ailments can be traced to emotional origins, but certainly some of them can.