They don't let me cook

freshfoodie

I am not sure why, but my hubby's family never wants me to cook anything for holiday meals. At Thanksgiving, I was asked to bring a vegetable tray and now for Christmas, I was asked to bring a cheese and cracker tray. I am probably the best cook out of all of the family, so it kind of irks me. Oh well, it is easy on me anyway.

Lilly

So take something that you cooked in addition to the cheese tray to show them that you can cook. That's what I would do anyway.

Hyacinth

Maybe they are sort of shy to ask you to cook something or they don't think you can actually cook. I agree with Lilly. Try to prepare one of your best meals to let them know that you good at the kitchen. ;)

lolli

I agree that I would make something and take it anyway (with the other things they requested). Maybe they know that you work really hard and have to cook all the time so they are trying to give you a break.

freshfoodie

I have brought cooked things before. It is just the last few years that they have decided to start doing this. I can't be any worse than my sister -in-law who had soupy mashed potatoes and mushy stuffing at Thanksgiving. I don't want to make anything that I wasn't asked to bring because I have no idea what they are making. I don't want to end up bringing something that is already taken.

SoftRain

That's awkward and I'm sorry it bothers you. I would just continue to bring the easy stuff they are asking and enjoy the time off away from the stove.