the real look at fast food

Nature

Chillin Under SummerLight
now if your like me you cringe and make sicky faces when you see mc Donald's or burger king or any other fastfood stops, im reallllllllllly anal about what i put in my system and as should all of you so i give you what the tv shows you compared to what the crap they actually serve you in the "restaurant" chain

Fast Food - Ads vs. Reality - StumbleUpon

take a gander at that crap..*sicky sounds*

I<3Peppermint

That is horrible. I quit eating at Taco Bell a long time ago when I finally discovered you don't have to chew the meat to swallow it, it's almost like some type of meat sauce. Not a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

enthusiast

I quit eating at McDonald's a couple of months ago. A Nutritionist made a comment that their burgers aren't real hamburger, and I read not long after that, I read what their "meat" supposedly is. I won't even eat their fish now.

Victoria

I have not given up fast food completely and I know I should. There are some things I'm just not willing to give up yet, mostly french fries and milkshakes. I'm getting there though. Eventually!

Jasmyne

I never feel good when I eat that crap, so I tend to avoid it as a general rule... not the least of which, if I'm spending money on that stuff, I'm not spending money on HEALTHY things for the fridge, either.

It's a rare 'treat' and often out of desperation that will see me "go there" once or twice a year, and given that I have kids, that's saying something. :)

I prefer 'real' food, and that's what's in my fridge!

Nature

Chillin Under SummerLight
enthusiast btw whats in the "meat"? pass along that article if you can i would like to read that :D

boobah

I eat out less than once a month. I have not watched any of the documentaries because I know how bad it is and I am afraid to watch them. My answer was to give up fast food and stick my head in the sand.

jason

Have a great day
I hate a lot more fast food then I would have liked the past month. But I also did 6k miles in that time, which was two road trips to Fort Worth, Texas, and 2 trips from Fort Worth to Houston. At Fort Worth we did have home made food though. Houston and the 20 hour trips, it was fast food. Otherwise I may eat fast food typically once every few months. But I also include the Chinese take out places as fast food. Fast food looks nothing like it is pictured. About the only thing I sort of enjoy is Five Guys. I love their fries. The burgers and hot dogs are good. But they are expensive for fast food, and I rarely go.

enthusiast

enthusiast btw whats in the "meat"? pass along that article if you can i would like to read that
I can't find that article now, but it claimed McDonald's uses meat by-products, not hamburger meat, to make their burgers. Supposedly, hot dogs use the same. I don't eat them any more, either.

artistry

All interesting comments, I have fast food every now and then. Especially KFC, but the food you buy at the supermarkets, have so man perservatives in the food, just read the back of the can, that now the funeral directors have stopped embalming people. Now that's a "ugh" and a "yucky" thing.

Esperahol

...Artistry, it is incredibily illegal not to embalm a body, especially if there is going to be a public viewing. The only exceptions are religious and the time limit for burial moves up quite a pace. As for "reality" vs "ads" that could be said of any number of things, including what is being passed off as organic. Unless you personally grow and harvest your food you are going forward on the basis of faith not knowledge. Of course, I could be defensive or I could just be cranky from lack of sleep or both! It is probably some combination of those factors.

When I can get something healthy and convenient then I will go there; I know exactly what it is and have read all those articles, but between me and my wife we work 4 jobs and school so we need something quick.

gina121

I've not been a huge fan of fast food joints, except for the occasional pack of fries. I prefer sandwich bars like Subway, which are just as quickly prepared and healthier. At least, I can see what they are putting between the slices of bread!

dissn_it

We usually have homemade meals because at least we know what has gone into making it! Whenever we do need a quick meal, we will call a regular restaurant and place a pick up order instead. We also try to choose heathy menu items when we do eat out.

Parker

I'm not a fast food burger fan. I did used to eat the burgers at In-N-Out Burger. Delicious. I'm not really surprised by the results. I did find the Big N' Tasty to be downright scary. That is a triple bypass surgery between a bun. I can't believe people would actually try to eat one. Those tacos were downright pitiful.

Meow

I'm not a fast food burger fan. I did used to eat the burgers at In-N-Out Burger. Delicious. I'm not really surprised by the results. I did find the Big N' Tasty to be downright scary. That is a triple bypass surgery between a bun. I can't believe people would actually try to eat one. Those tacos were downright pitiful.
All my American friends sing their praise for In-N-Out. I'm very jealous we don't have them in Canada...

Esperahol

I did find the Big N' Tasty to be downright scary. That is a triple bypass surgery between a bun. I can't believe people would actually try to eat one.
Of course they would - I have and it was totally worth it. Then again I take food eating challenges and I enjoy over the top dishes. My favorite for a time was a sundae from Baskin Robins that clocked in at over 3000 calories. I ate one every three weeks for two months. And it was totally worth it.