The Power Of Positive Thoughts

Cobbler

Doctors have already said that praying does seem to work in healing processes, and isn't that just another form of positive thought. I for one can do better at this sort of thing, and I want to, because I really do believe that your state of mind affects your health. I think if we all just put the effort into wanting to stay positive, not putting people down and such, then we can be at least a little healthier.

What do you think?

aunaturel

I completely agree. I have a lot of health issues and people often comment that they can't understand why I continue on and am in a good mood most of the time. I tell them that it could always be worse and that I am responsible for my feelings and reactions. I choose to be happy and look on the positive side of things.

Cassia

I like what you said, aunaturel - that you choose to be happy. In line with this, I remember that in my psychology class, my professor said that there are things in life that are beyond our control, but how we react to these events is our decision.

rayne

State of mind is a choice. I can either choose to be happy today or sad and down. Have you ever read
The Power of Positive Thinking by Dr. Norman Vincent Peale? It's a wonderful place to start when you decide to make a change.

Sagebrush

Another excellent book on this topic is Mind Over Medicine: Scientific Proof You Can Heal Yourself (Hay House, 2013) by Lissa Rankin. Dr. Rankin is a practicing physician who believes and proves that you can't really heal the body without involving the mind and spirit. It was very eye-opening to me.

Cobbler

I'm going to have to check into that book Sage, thanks. It's not everyday that someone claims that they can prove this to be true.

freshfoodie

Aunaturel, I am exactly the same way. I am always in a good mood, even when bad things are happening in my life. It does me no good to sit and fret over things, especially if it is something I can't change. I don't hold onto anger either because it just hurts me in the long run.

jolee

I vehemently believe that how we think, and thus feel, affects our health immensely. And not just what we think about our health. I think it's more about how much tension we allow ourselves to carry in our body; and I think tension is caused by internal conflict of some sort. Or by being judgmental and condemning. Or just negative attitudes, period.

On the other hand, doing our best to look at the positive aspects of whatever subject we're thinking of- this habit can lead to increasing ease in the bodymind, within which the body more readily aligns itself with radiance.