Surgery scar

Bellalina

About 7 weeks ago I had reconstructive ankle surgery. The scar is about 3 inch long and hurts sometimes! Currently I am treating it with 100% aloe gel! Any other ideas on how to treat the scar and get a good healing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrankyMonkey

I would try something like Mederma or a antibiotic ointment like Neosporin. If you want to stay natural though you could also try vitamin E (the liquid inside the pill) or tea tree oil (which is a natural pain killer and antiseptic)

Bellalina

Vitamin E is only recommended for older scars due to the risk of skin reactions, that's at least what I researched so far. I'm not a friend of mederma or other chemical medication stuff. I did not hear about tea tree oil yet, I wonder though if it's not going to dry out the skin and might do damage to the scar? I only used tea tree oil on pimples and cold sores so far, and it seemed pretty drying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlassSlipper

Actually tea tree oil promotes healing and helps build the scar tissue so that the new scar itch doesn't last. You do have to dilute though as undiluted tea tree oil can cause drying.

Bellalina

Thanks for that tip, I will try that for sure! Do you have any idea if it matters with what and in what concentration I dilute it? I have some unscented massage oil, or maybe olive oil might be a good base as well! Think something oil or lotion based might work better than just water! What do you think?

wildcherry

My dermatologist told me one time not to waste my money on Mederma, it does not work. I would try vitamin E. That seems like the best and safest route to me.

wanderingherb

best not to use Tea Tree oil either. In in that manner. Once the wound is pretty much close, meaning something can be put on is, you can use this product that is real. I used it for my surgery, and all is well, no scar tissue build up. Also used it on a coworker who got his upper arm shot. Very very bad. As soon as it was closed and used this on it and was amazed at the results. As you can see, no tea tree oil :)

The blend is synergysically balanced with essential oils that are specific to scar tissue and reducing scar tissue not promoting it.

It may work for you. These are professional herbalists and Aromatherapists that make the blends.
[URL="http://birchhillhappenings.com/scars.htm"birchhillhappenings[/URL]

By the way a little goes a long way. I bought two of the Roll on. They are easier to use and carry with you. Not sure what is going on with the scar but a little does go a long way. It smells very nice too! Its safe and far more effective than Vitamin E alone. I used both rotating.

wanderingherb

best not to use Tea Tree oil either. In in that manner. Once the wound is pretty much close, meaning something can be put on is, you can use this product that is real. I used it for my surgery, and all is well, no scar tissue build up. Also used it on a coworker who got his upper arm shot. Very very bad. As soon as it was closed and used this on it and was amazed at the results. As you can see, no tea tree oil :)

The blend is synergisticly balanced with essential oils that are specific to scar tissue and reducing scar tissue not promoting it.

It may work for you. These are professional herbalists and Aromatherapists that make the blends.
http://birchhillhappenings.com/scars.htm