Substances to avoid while cleansing

captain

What are the substances that we should avoid while we are having an internal cleansing? I think there are foods or drinks that could hinder the cleansing process and we should avoid them but I am not sure what the substances are.

jason

Have a great day
I think most people will tell you alcohol and red meat. Other then that, I've seen all other recommendations. Some say no meat, no fish, some say fish or chicken is ok.

HannahD

If you want to be very strict you should cut out alcohol (although I have been told an occasional glass of wine is ok), all processed, prepackaged food, all bread/gluten, all meat, and sugar. During a detox the typical advice is to focus mainly on fresh fruits and veggies. When I detox I now eat completely raw vegan, but back when I was a carnivore I had a hard time being so restrictive on a detox. If you can significantly limit the processed foods, sugar, alcohol, caffeine, and meat you should be fine. Don't strive to be perfect. There is no "perfect".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soursop

I know someone who eats only fruits and raw veggies, and drinks gallons of water whenever he is detoxifying his body. and he does it about once every two months, I think.

HerbJane

I too have been told that raw is the way to go when you are detoxing. I know I was told to avoid sugar, red meat and alcohol and starches as well.

herbalhannah

When my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer the oncologist made her avoid red meat, sugar and carbs, they said that her body needed to detox and they couldn't detox while eating those things.