Sore knees and ankles

smellsrfun

My daughter has been having some problems lately with her knees and her ankles. She plays a lot of sports and I don't want her to have these problems. Is there anything natural that I can give her to make her bones better?

chabella

All Lady
Does she drink milk? I know that I drank a ton before I was a teen and slowly tapered off when I got into my 20's, which I now regret. I can tell when its going to rain if that shows, and I would love to hear the answer since I really am not sure on this one.

Glinda

My dad used to take shark cartilage for joint pain, but now I think he takes something that has glucosamine and chondroitin in it. I don't know if these things are specifically for arthritis or if they would help someone younger who is having joint pain, but it's something to look into.

smellsrfun

She does drink a lot of milk, but I think I'll have her drink more. I will check with the doctor about shark cartilage, where would I even find that? It sounds pretty neat!

Natural

You can apply some ointment that would warm up the joints. I use Eucalyptus oil whenever I have joint pains.

If you are looking for shark cartilages, you probably can get it from a Chinese restaurant or they will guide you to where you can buy one.

smellsrfun

I am going to try the Eucalyptus oil for starters. That sounds pretty easy and I bet she will like the smell and feel of it. Do you rub it on prior to the pain or after it hurts?

Glinda

Oh, yea, they also make those heat patches that you can apply and they work for hours. That might give her some relief.

My dad used get the shark cartilage from a local health store. Any place that has a huge supply of vitamins and natural products should have it.

captain

You can also place a warm damp cloth on the spot where it hurts. Warm will help circulate the blood faster therefore giving more oxygen to the part of the body where it hurts.

You can rub the warm damp cloth to the whole body so the circulation of the blood in the whole body will get better and your daughter will be relieve.

Change

Sometimes kids can have trouble with limbs having pains and it's growing pains. It's horrible and hurts so bad I feel so sorry for them. My grandson had these terribly during his early teens when he was growing so fast. He's 6'2" now and doesn't have them any longer but when he did, they really hurt.