Soothing Music

Suzie

Do you prefer nature sounds for soothing music, classical, ocean waves, or something soft? The nature sounds keep me up but my son loves them.

Parker

I love listening to water to relax. I have a CD with the sounds of different waterfalls and rivers. It really relaxes me. When I feel overstressed, it relaxes me immediately.

chabella

All Lady
Some of the best soothing music I have found usually Celtic, but it is tricky to sort through songs when a random friend hands you a CD. I would love if I could find a nice HD station online to listen to when I am working from home.

Luvkenny

Soothing music to me is something I can sing along to. I don't like the sounds of nature. It kind of irritates me a bit. I would rather be outside listening to the real thing. I like Rock music! It is soothing to me.

When I'm trying to relax I just like to listen to soft music. Most anything will do. Just not the heavy rock n roll stuff, at least when wanting to go to sleep.

Waynefire

Depends on what I am doing. If I am trying to sleep I will use the soothing music, but cannot use a water sound otherwise I have to go to the bathroom!

TheCause

When you're on the computer, it's soothing to go to youtube and type in
"chillout, long" (no quotes). That brings up chillout sets that are over 20 minutes. Find a good one and open a new tab and go to http://www.myrainymood.com. That is very soothing.
It is also nice when you sleep.

gar

I listen to jazz music. I think this is the most relaxing kind of music. ever heard of a song "Just the two of us" by George Benson?
or probably some dave mattews band like crash into me. It does help clearing my mind.

Hyacinth

I listen to several types of music whenever I feel like lying on bed and relaxing. I play classical, instrumental, nature sounds, ballad or alternative. Songs by Enya and Yanni are my favorites.

mslianne

Soothing music can makes me feel relax and stress free. :) Well, pop music can also makes me feel so good. If you do not have some soothing songs you can also go the beach by listening to the sound of the waves or to the chirping of the birds. Soothing music can also helps you to forget all your problems. :)

chabella

All Lady
We have so many channels on the TV and computer (Spotify) that it is hard to believe nothing good is out there anymore. We can find just about anything we want with the touch of a button, I wish I could set it as an alarm clock though, classical would be nice to wake up to!

Cassia

I play a lot of classical music. I have CDs of the music of Beethoven, Mozart, Vivaldi, and the likes. I also love listening to instrumental music. Lately, I have discovered songs by indie-pop artists such as Ingrid Michaelson and Kate Havnevik.

Mrs. Rogers

I found a band name Radical Face that has some wonderful soothing music. One of my favorites by them is Welcome Home. The lead singer happens to be from Jacksonville, FL.

You can put me in the classical music fan group. It helps me relax and focus sometimes. Listening to it improves my chess play.

Real nature sounds are great, I love camping and sleeping out the the forest listening to the wind through the trees or the near by water be it either a babbling stream or waves, storms, thunder, birds, wolves... but when it's on a recording I just can't stand it!

save27

I actually really enjoy nature sounds, they help me relax.

But, I don't really know where to find good nature songs to play on my ipod. So I listen to inspirational rap, usually quieter songs, to help me fall asleep.