Sodium Bentonite Clay (Green Clay)

Greenwoman

I have read in various places that sodium bentonite clay, also known as Green Clay, is good as a detox if mixed with water and drunken daily. Has anyone ever tried this? Does it work well?

I've not heard of it before but I take liquid bentonite clay for detox and use as a facial mask .. works good!
ETA I think these two are the same thing but I'm not entirely sure
Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk

Greenwoman

Using it as a clay mask is awesome!! When I make my "mask mixture", instead of just water I used peppermint tea or infusion. I am thinking about trying using chamomile with it as well.

I am not entirely sure how it affects my body much when used as a detox. Have you noticed anything?

Well this may be tmi buuut it works although you want to be careful not to use it too much bc it will make you constipated lol

Sent from my LG-VS700 using Tapatalk

Greenwoman

I am well aware of this as well...and I think that is the main draw back. That's why I try to drink it with as much water as possible.

I have taken it both internally and I also use it as a facial mask. I never had any bad experiences with taking it internally, but I don't really know if I had any good noticeable effects either. This isn't to say there weren't any, I just didn't notice. I do think it's pretty good stuff to put on the skin, so I only use it that way anymore.

Greenwoman

I agree with you and I more so endorse its use as a facial mask than as a "detox" some of my family members are the bandwagon type, so telling them that it causes constipation in addition to the "detox" kind of goes over their heads.