Slow aging?

question

Do you think that regular detoxification and cleansing stops the aging process. Or at least can slow it down. For the first time, I am starting to feel my age gaining on me.

boobah

I think that detoxing can help, but I think you have to combine that with regular exercise and healthy eating. Also try to get more antioxidants in to your body.

Myrrh

I think regular and safe detoxification can help delay the aging process. The body works in a unitary fashion. Eliminating toxins from the body results to better absorption of nutrients, thus healthier cells and glowing skin!

enthusiast

I agree. I think it's important to get the toxins out of your body and detox can help. A healthy diet, exercise, getting enough sleep and taking supplements to make sure your body is getting the nutrients it needs helps, too.

Nature

Chillin Under SummerLight
i know there are herbs in the world that can fix wrinkles, gray hair, sore bones and mussels, and your sex drive equal to a 20 year old. mostly it's from Asia and the like, to me that sounds tempting live forever sorta thing, that be pretty cool like to keep taking the mix as long as you can.

Pat

Taking supplements can help keep your body healthy. Getting enough sleep is one of the best things we can do for our bodies and minds.

beckyv1265

I think a good diet is essential for maintaining natural enzymes that keep us healthy. If you give the body what it needs it will keep it working well. Too many of us create inbalance in the body. We also abuse it with toxins and damage the skin with excess tanning. I can't see how detosing would hurt. But I think eating right and exerciseing and sleeping goes a long way to keep one young.

sdjaxson

I feel that it does slow down again. I think the biggest benefit is that it cleanses you of toxins and boost your immunity more than anything.

Anna T

It can for sure help. Really any little thing you do might make a difference. Live well, age well. Live poor, and you'll see it in your face as time creeps up on you.

Detoxification followed by plenty of antioxidants. Antioxidants actually means that it works against "oxidation," the chemical process that causes aging. So I'm sure detox will only help your efforts. Good luck to you and thanks for the reminder!

lettuce

No because your body is already designed with systems to eliminate toxins naturally. If they weren't there, you wouldn't be alive. Going on crazy juice fasts doesn't do anything. Concentrate on healthy eating instead to witness a difference.

shaunche

No because your body is already designed with systems to eliminate toxins naturally. If they weren't there, you wouldn't be alive. Going on crazy juice fasts doesn't do anything. Concentrate on healthy eating instead to witness a difference.
Some of these toxins are not eliminated by the body naturally. The toxins accumulate in the body over time and eventually reach a tipping point, causing health problems. Why would we not be alive without the toxins found in toothpaste, for example? Strange comment.

Some of these toxins are not eliminated by the body naturally. The toxins accumulate in the body over time and eventually reach a tipping point, causing health problems. Why would we not be alive without the toxins found in toothpaste, for example? Strange comment.
I would venture that if some toxins are not naturally eliminated from the body, it's because too much of something (or too little of something) was ingested. The toxins found in toothpaste don't stick around in the body unless you eat your toothpaste.

rosie

I think regular detox and cleansing is harmful. Your body has adapted through the years to withstand and benefit from our environment and what we put in our bodies.

shaunche

I would venture that if some toxins are not naturally eliminated from the body, it's because too much of something (or too little of something) was ingested. The toxins found in toothpaste don't stick around in the body unless you eat your toothpaste.
It's not as simple as that because we are bombarded with toxins, they accumulate in the bones and central nervous system and are not easily removed. You would need to undergo a detox plan to remove mercury from the bones, for example.

gina121

Do you think that regular detoxification and cleansing stops the aging process. Or at least can slow it down. For the first time, I am starting to feel my age gaining on me.
Detoxing and cleansing could help you kickstart your metabolism and help you eat healthy once you have washed away the toxins from the body, but they won't really stop or slow down the aging process as such. What may help, however, are eating healthy, including a lot of antioxidant foods and exercising regularly. Also, yoga and meditation can contribute to acquiring and maintaining an inner calm, which, in turn, can help you feel younger than you actually are.

Absolutely! I felt and looked about ten years younger after the 15-day juice fast I did last year. People tell me all the time that I don't look my age. I know that all of my juice fasts and my healthy gluten-free, grain-free, high-raw diet has a lot to do with it. I also don't drink alcohol, smoke cigarettes or drink coffee. I have 1-2 cups of green tea per day. My diet is all fresh organic foods and salads.

Exercising regularly is important as well. But you know what I feel the most important thing is? Feeling young. Just feeling and acting young. I'm in my thirties and I dress and act like a 19-year-old. Not when it comes to adult responsibilities and maturity of course, I just mean that I laugh a lot and continue to enjoy the music and activities that I did in my youth. I don't think of myself as old and my body looks better now than it did when I was actually that age. I just feel young. I have the young mindset.

I see so many people who are the opposite. There is a 33-year-old woman who works with my boyfriend who always talks about how old she is, how it sucks getting old, etc. I'm like, are you kidding me? 33 is NOT old! I don't think 43 or 53 are "old" either. Not even close. People can live to be over a hundred, so feeling old at 33 is either a sign of something being majorly wrong in the body due to diet, lifestyle or a health problem, or, it's a sign of holding a negative mindset and letting insecurity get the better of you. I've seen women in their 60s and beyond who laugh a lot and are fun, and take care of their bodies, and are just as pretty and sexy as girls in their teens or twenties. And of course, I've also seen 25-year-olds who looked about 60 due to a stressful life, unhealthy diet and negative mindset.

Take care of your body, but just remember that without the right attitude, all is lost.