Slippery Elm Bark

dirtnut

Has anyone use slippery elm bark for colon cleansing? I am not sure if I want to be stuck at home all day close to a bathroom! :rolleyes: Does it work well and fast?

SilverVeil

I've used slippery elm bark for bad colds and respiratory congestion. It tends to bounce out of the body everything that's not supposed to be in there. I suppose it can be used as a colon cleanse. But you don't have to worry about waiting all day. It's pretty much automatic.

Clover

Slippery elm bark works almost immediately, just ask my kids. When they have a stubborn cold that won't let go I give them a dose. The reaction, though, is complete. Stuff comes out of both ends; but you won't have to wait.

boobah

Wow, I am glad you told us that. I do not like to throw up unless I have to. I can understand why you use it but for regular colon cleaning I would go with other things.

Galileo

Stuff comes out both ends?? What kind of thing is this? I don't know if I could cope with that, lol. Does it taste nasty? What form does it come in? Sorry for all the questions, but I've never heard of it before.

Richard

I have to say, I've never heard of slippery elm bark before. what form does it come in, tablet, liquid? It seems that if something works that fast, it would almost have to be effective.

Saffron

@ Clover...I am pretty sure I know where one of the ends is located, but is the other end the nose or the mouth.

I could really use a good cleanse, but I need clarification even before considering this herb.

hakimah

It's bark from the slippery elm tree. It has the consistency of mucous. I think it's the feel more than the taste that turns people off and I think the mouth would be the other end. I was given it when I had bronchitis and was full of phlegm. You might want to use something else as a colon cleanse.