Sensitive Skin?

2Nature

I really have a problem with my skin when it gets exposed to a lot of sunlight. I burn really quickly and sunscreens don't seem to help much. Is there a certain product that can protect skin even more?

beckyv1265

There are clothes that they make now that offer sun protection as well. I also recommend a large sun hat. I hve one son tht is very sensative. I have to reapply sun screen often aand keep him covered.

hunysukle

Have you tried sunscreen for sensitive skin? I personally wear light, long-sleeve cotton clothing whenever I go outdoors to protect my skin from the sun. I also wear sunscreen with at least 30 SPF with UVA and UVB protection.

Melissa

sunscreen only does so much. I recommend a product called Burts Bees sun spray. My 2 year old son has sensitive skin as well and this helps a lot.

shaunche

I think the skin products make the problem worse. The body is designed to regulate itself, your skin will clean and moisturizer itself via oil glands, you do not need to buy skin products which contain harmful chemicals and cause more harm than good. I would recommend shaving with a hair clipper, rather than a west shave.

Cassia

Compared to others, my skin gets burned more easily too. I choose a good sunscreen and when I am out, I reapply it as often as necessary.

Esperahol

I think the skin products make the problem worse. The body is designed to regulate itself, your skin will clean and moisturizer itself via oil glands, you do not need to buy skin products which contain harmful chemicals and cause more harm than good. I would recommend shaving with a hair clipper, rather than a west shave.
I think you accidently missed up your postings (multiple tabs right), but this fella or lady is worried about burning because of sensitive skin. Sensitive skin is a function of nature and nuture, so skin products can be a necessity. I'm not sure what shaving has to do with it (which is why I think this is a mis posting).

shaunche

Yeah, I posted in the wrong thread, my bad.

I have sensitive fair-skin as well, I think the best solution is to stay in the shade, cover up with clothing and wear a hat.

beckyv1265

I have to limit my sons exposure daily because he will blister if he is out more than 20 minutes. I have to keep him covered and use lots of sunblock. We also make him wear a big hat. I know he looks silly when we go to the lake but its better than the alternative of treating ugly burns. He is the only one of my 8 children that is sun sensative. His father was the same way. He took his shoes off once to walk on the beach in the sand. He had blisters on the top of his feet that covered the entire top. It was horrible we had to cancel our trip and get them treated for burns.

srj

Use sunscreen and cover your skin with clothing. Especially cover places that burn easily like back.

aphil

You have to be careful with chemical sunscreens because some of the ingredients are negatively activated by the sun. Please look into organic, chemical free brands. I use shea butter and cocoa butter and the protective and moisturizing qualities of the aloe vera plant.

ProForums777

There are so many products out there for sensitive skin protection. Well, if you are not used to exposing yourself to sunlight, then you are going to be sensitive to it, specially when you do it for a long period of time. Don't compare an exterior painter to an interior one. They both have different strengths.