Scared of future back problems

smellsrfun

I've been having the worse back aches for about a month now. I'm sure it has something to do with stacking and throwing wood (for the wood stove). I am seriously thinking about going to a Chirpractor but I am afraid that if I go once I will need to continue to go. Is this the case?

wonder

That is the main reason I refuse to go! I have a couple of co-workers that went and now they go quite often. I don't think it's a good thing to have someone messing with your back or spine.

Iben

Yeah, I think that is what will usually happen when you go to the chiropractor. But I can understand it. Natural treatment works slowly, and you wouldn't be cured at the first visit.

Georgina

I really don't believe that visiting a chiropractor is a good idea. I think you are better off getting massages that feel good on your back and focusing on stretching in ways that strengthen your back.

Elkheart

My cousin doesn't see the chiropractor unless he's having a problem. That's usually once a year. So chiropractic treatment doesn't lead to more treatment, it just feels good when everything gets aligned. The muscles will stop hurting and heal quicker when the bone structure is aligned.