Rolling your own cigarettes?

natural1

We have a store here that has machines to roll your own cigarettes. They say there are no additives like the brand named ones. It only cost $25 per carton. They let you try different cigarettes according to what your usual brand is. Then you pick out the one you like. Each time you go back they slide your drivers license through a scanner and it tells the machine what you want.

curer

First of all, cigarette smoking is injurious to health. I could not understand the logic of rolling your own cigarettes at the store. You say, these cigarettes are different from the branded ones. Does it mean that these cigarettes are not harmful? I am confused.

wanderingherb

Alright, I know what your speaking of. I'd like to echo--no matter what, smoking is not good for you. But if you are not ready to quit, then yes, rolling your own is an alternative.

The reason for this--additives and other chemicals are not used. On the same lines as organic foods. Still you're putting the nicotine and tar into your lungs. Some of the additives used are in fact nicotine. Manufactured companies add more nicotine to a nicotine product making it far more addictive. Watch the loose products too because some add more nicotine. Keep in mind if someone is standing in front of you saying there are no additives, yet tells you about the taste, ask how that "taste" is brought about? Additives? Keep in mind that anything added or introduced during process is essentially an additive.

I know many individuals switching to a more natural product. My concern is, will they smoke more to make up for what they are not getting causing more tar amongst other things? Is it really a lesser evil? Its controversial. Just like smoking some herbs (legal folks :)) for therapeutic reasons and to help quit smoking.

Hope this helps
Wanderingherb

enthusiast

I roll my own cigarettes at home with a machine that I bought from a smoke shop. I buy 100% natural pipe tobacco because it's less expensive than cigarette tobacco. I'm not sure how much it is per carton, but it's probably about $25.00, too.

I've quit twice and gone back to it as soon as I got under stress. When people say it's harder to quit after you've quit and gone back to it, they're right.

wanderingherb

I've quit twice and gone back to it as soon as I got under stress. When people say it's harder to quit after you've quit and gone back to it, they're right.
Yes, I am prone to being a problem child also! Each time is more complicated. Lobelia often works wonders in that situation. Or a good blend of herbs in a tincture for the nerves. Many places make this for exactly this situation. Just check the sources.

Wanderingherb

mark5049

I quit smoking two years ago, but I started using Skoal. I know neither one of them are good for you, but I wonder which one is worse.