Restless Leg

jason

Have a great day
I do not suffer, but I've been told by others that pumpkin seeds, avocado and turkey helps. Someone told me once to help steady my hands Iron with vitamin C and vitamin E would help. But men tend to have a higher level of iron, so I'm not real sure about that. I might do an iron test before taking any iron supplements.

shaunche

I would recommend cutting out alcohol, cigarettes, and caffeine. Do aerobic exercise, sleep well, lose weight and try relaxation techniques. Deficiency in iron, vitamin B, folic acid, or magnesium can also cause restless leg syndrome.

Suzie

I have this and I am also anemic, so the deficiency in iron portion is definitely true. Since cutting out caffeine I haven't had it as bad.

btatro

I know some people who swear by ivory soap. I took care of a woman in the past who wedged a bar of it between her knees every night (she slept in a recliner). May be worth a try?

cwilson72180

My husband and I both suffer from it. It is terrible! We don't even like to think about it because then we are afraid we will have it again. We used to be on meds for it but they made it worse. I have also heard soap under the mattress helps for some reason.

meowcow

I was told that this was caused mostly by anxiety. You may try believing this and getting to the root of the problem and deal with the anxiety. I have had some success with this already. Whenever I am anxious especially with my surroundings then my leg would start to become restless. I just became more conscious of it and tried to correct what was making me anxious in any certain place and it is now gone. I hope this helps, good luck!

I have dealt with it and am also anemic, and have been told my my physician that there is a link. I would suggest trying to get a little more iron and see if that helps. During really bad episodes it seems that a hot bath or shower also helps me; as well as stretching for about 15 minutes or so. Good luck!

RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome) runs in our family. One doctor told us that it's caused by a potassium deficiency, although eating a banana every day hasn't helped us. I've never heard the theory that anxiety causes it, like meowcow was saying, although I have heard that anxiety makes it worse. Extreme fatigue also seems to aggravate it, so we try to get 8 hours of rest every night.

My uncle is suffering also from restless leg syndrome. He wasn't put into medication first but rather, he was put into an alternative diet. More bananas and raddish, less caffeine and and additional iron supplement. Give diet modification a try first before resorting to medications. :)

Irma

I supposedly have this, but I am not really aware of it. It got diagnosed when I went through a sleep study. I have never heard of any good herbal remedies for it.

Hickorycottage

I've had this problem all my life, and I didn't even know it was a problem. I saw a commercial about it on television, and thought, "I have a disease." I since have learned that people actually get a disability check for this. Silly.

pattc

My husband has restless leg, but has not found a medication that helps. He did try Celexa, which had no effect, and so he just gets up and walks, and keeps his legs stretched during the day. It's particulary bothersome when he drives, as he can't always get out to stretch.