Removing negative and drama

lolli

Part of my new healthy lifestyle is to remove negative people and reduce the drama in my life. I can't remove family but I can distance myself from them. Anyone else do this? How do you feel?

Myrrh

This is what I have been doing these days. My brother and I had a misunderstanding with one of our aunts, and to avoid drama and further conflicts, we chose to lie low for the meantime. We feel that it's better that way.

Lyra

I have had to cut people out of my life because they are toxic. My policy is that they are welcome back any time they wish, as long as they can respect my boundaries. I do think it affects our health when there is constant drama brought into our lives.

StarGazer

Back in 2000, removing negative and toxic people from my life was my New Year's resolution. My ONLY resolution and it has done wonders for my life. I renew that vow every year and do everything I can to keep to it as closely as possible.

lolli

Glad to see that I am not the only one! I am feeling less stressed every day. I can't cut all the negative people out of my work day but I can keep out of the drama. I have put a new sign on my door - "Drama free zone!". Some people actually asked me if it was a joke.

hppyfngy

Keep doing that lolli. There is no reason to have to engage with negative people.

I have walked away from many relationships to avoid toxic negativity. And for those you can't completely avoid, you do not have to engage with their negativity. Just don't respond to it.

With one person I can't avoid, I've gotten very good at changing the subject. :)