Quick detox

Carolynn

Is there any detox practice that can just be done for one to three days that would maybe jump start a weight loss plan? I have heard of something as simple as lemon water before, but I didn't know if that would be enough by itself.

leyash

Is there any detox practice that can just be done for one to three days that would maybe jump start a weight loss plan? I have heard of something as simple as lemon water before, but I didn't know if that would be enough by itself.
My mom did the "warm lemon water" diet. She did it twice a day and lost 6 pounds her first week. She said she thinks it helped to shed the extra water, and it also helped her to feel "full" longer.

AppleMay

I know someone who went on a diet and drank lemon water while on it and it seemed to help. I think just putting a little lemon in your water all the time when drinking it is also good.

tiff

Whenever I feel bloated and sluggish, I detoxify with a lemon cleanse recipe. Mix together 2tbsp. lemon juice, 1/10tsp. cayenne pepper, 1-2tbsp. maple syrup and 8oz. of water. 6-12 glasses a day for a week and you'll feel lighter! :D

Juice fasting!

Juice fasting is awesome. Over the years I've done every type of detox imaginable. Liver flushes, parasite cleanses, herbs, bowel cleanses, colonics, etc etc etc. Nothing has ever compared to the benefits I've had from juice fasting on green juices. I felt better than I ever had in my life after a week long juice fast last winter, and the summer before that, I did a 15 day juice fast that left me on top of the world.

I am already thin, and I don't do these cleanses to lose weight. I do them to help heal my gut. I have leaky gut disorder and a lot of damage to my body from gluten and other things (I'm a celiac). Juice fasting gives my gut a break while infusing my body with tons of enzymes and nutrients. It's just amazing.

Although most of my fasts have been longer, I am now experimenting with doing shorter fasts when I can. Three days is generally a good length of time to get a little detoxing done, rest your system, and kind of reboot everything back to a healthier baseline. You may lose some weight, although I never lose weight when I fast. It's a great way to transition onto a healthier diet as well.

Good luck!