Pull Them Now Or Wait?

Cobbler

I had to take my daughter to the orthodontist a few days ago, and I was left with a decision. There are two teeth at the top coming in at an unnatural angle. She has to have a lot of hardware put in her mouth, and part of that will help make space for those two teeth to possibly correct themselves. Possibly. There no guarantees.

So, do I pull the teeth now, or wait to see if the spacers do their job?

freshfoodie

I would wait and see if the spacers work. A lot of the time they do. I had the same problem when I was younger and it worked out for me. There is no sense in pulling perfectly good teeth after all if you don't have to.

aunaturel

If you need to make room, why wouldn't they pull back teeth instead? Unless there is a lot of gaps already, spacers will likely not help a lot if the teeth are going crooked, because that's usually a sign that there is a lack of space.

lolli

I would wait to see if the spacers work first. Poor kiddo! I would hate having my teeth pulled if it wasn't necessary! How old is your daughter?

chabella

All Lady
I think I would wait as well, I know spacers can work and I still kick myself for not getting one. Over a decade ago I had one removed by a very sloppy dentist who never mentioned what spacers were. Since I never knew I needed one until after the fact I waited a bit too long and its been a pain trying to correct what should have been something simple.