Premenstrual Syndrome

Lindsey

I've suffered from PMS probably since the onset of my menses, yet I never realized it until I started tracking my behavior patterns and noticing the correlation. What natural herbs can I use to regulate my mood during this time?

peace

I used to have the worst PMS and mood swings. Bad cramps and bloating also got me every month. One thing I use to help feel better is evening primrose oil. You should check it out.

Lindsey

Thank you so much. I just did some research and found that this has so many benefits for me personally as I also suffer from skin rashes and arthritis.

GetGoing

You should try EXERCISE! It really helped my sister when she had pms. I think what happens when you regularly exercise is that endorphines get released. They help you feel better.

peace

Primrose

Yeah, primrose oil is really great stuff and works for all kinds of things. Exercise is also a really good suggestion. One other thing to do is detoxify for yeast. It lives in our body and it we get an over growth it can effect the uterus and then hormones.

Glinda

I exercise everyday and that does help me when I have pms, but I'm going to look into the primrose oil too. I feel like ever since I had my daughter last year my mood swings have taken a turn for the worse around the time of my period.

herbalhannah

I find as of late my PMS is brutal, lasts for days and the cramps are literally unbearable. I may have to look into evening primrose oil as well.

jolee

Is evening primrose oil something one takes daily, or just at the onset of symptoms? I'd like to be able to prevent my premenstrual depressions before they even have a chance to get started.

MissEm

I use a nutritional shake with non-GMO soy and it has done amazing things for my PMS. I know some people are anti-soy, so I always hesitate to recommend soy to anyone, but it has helped me so much.

jolee

I use a nutritional shake with non-GMO soy and it has done amazing things for my PMS. I know some people are anti-soy, so I always hesitate to recommend soy to anyone, but it has helped me so much.
Does this shake have evening primrose oil as part of its ingredients? Or, what other ingredients do you feel influence your experience? And, how often do you have said shake? I would love some more info, and thanks for your reply!