Prednisolone steroids replacement

john

I have Crohn’s Disease and Ankylosing spondylitis for over 15 years now which causes explosive Diarrhoea and bleeding and have taken steroids which always have worked, but have caused a cataract.

Prednisolone steroids are the only medicine which, for me, works 100 %, but has got to many bad side effects to justify to take it.

Prednisolone steroids prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation and also Steroids are a man-made version of hormones normally produced by the adrenal glands, two small glands found above the kidneys.

When taken in doses higher than the amount your body normally produces, steroids reduce redness and swelling (inflammation). This can help with inflammatory conditions

Steroids also reduce the activity of the immune system, the body's natural defence against illness and infection.

This can help treat autoimmune conditions, such as Crohns, which are caused by the immune system mistakenly attacking the body.

I have tried to takes herbs to help with my Crohns, but no luck there, even with the help of several herbalists Dr’s.

So I am now looking for a natural herb or substance like essential oils to copy or mimic the action of the steroid in the hope to get the same effect without the bad side effects and also possibly boost the production of the body’s own steroids or hormones to fight the inflammation.

EG Prednisolone steroids prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation and also Steroids are a man-made version of hormones normally produced by the adrenal glands, two small glands found above the kidneys

After all there are several herbs/ natural remedies out there like Tea Tree Oil witch act like antibiotics so i would have thought it would be possible to boost one’s own “steroids”
Any ideas or opinions welcome.