Potassium something

Luvkenny

So the doctors think that my daughters stomach pressure is coming from not going to the bathroom enough. They want her to drink something that will clean her out. Anyone done this? Is it sort of like a cleanse? How safe is it? I think she wrote down potassium something but I did not buy it yet.

Lilly

I think that if your doctor is recommending that it will be pretty safe. Have you tried anything like prune juice or adding more fiber to her diet?

AppleMay

I think I go along with Lilly and would try something natural and see if that helps. It sounds like that is what might have gotten her to this point. Maybe by getting more fiber in her she will become more 'regular' and not have this problem.

Cassia

I haven't done such, but I guess the purpose is to cleanse the colon or improving gastric mobility. Sometimes, I experience irregular bowel movement too so what I do is to increase my water intake and include more fiber in my diet.

Aletha

You may want to call the doctor's office and discuss if there is a natural product or practice you can use first. The potassium product may be potassium citrate. That's what is in a lot of colon prep products doctor's use to get you ready for tests.