Poodle alarm clock!

sandooch

This is the strangest thing. My miniature poodle, Gigi, sleeps with my husband and me every night. She is a good sleeper and doesn't get in our way. She'll only jump off in the middle of the night to use her Rascal dog litter box and then comes back to bed.

Well, every morning around 6:00 a.m. she goes over to my sleeping husband, licks his face and rubs her chin all over it for about 15 seconds or so. Then she'll just go back to the foot of the bed and go to sleep again. My husband loves it. I just think it's odd that she does this every morning around the same time.

Anyone else have pet that does this?

All of my pets do this at some point in the night. We have 2 cats and a dog and they all have their thing they do. The dog will lay next to me and get real close then lick my arm for 5 seconds or so then just get up and go to a different spot.

sandooch

Aww...that's cute. I also have a very fat cat that likes to crawl on both my husband and me at night and do that little kneading thing that some cats do. I don't mind so much if she does this when I'm awake, but when she does it while I'm dead tired, especially if she's laying on top of my chest, I feel like I'm suffocating.

Esperahol

That is the bestest, most calmest alarm clock evah! Seriously I would prefer that to the evil that is my alarm clock. Claws to the shoulder do nothing to put me in a good mood.

beckyv1265

I don't sleep with my dog. But she does come in and lick my toes in the morning when she wants to go out to the bathroom. lol That is so creepy when she does that. My feet are always hot so I never cover them. It definately will wake you up when she slides her wet tounge between the toes. lol

Luvkenny

My cat does this! Every morning about 5 minutes before the alarm clock goes off (and on weekends) he goes to the top of our bed and meows at the top of his lungs. He then prances over us - running over my chest!

meowcow

That sounds adorable! I guess animals are more in touch with body clocks and routine so they know the time even when they can't actually tell time. That's my theory, at least. I wish my pets did that too, it's a lot better than the sound of an alarm clock.

rayne

My cat has an internal clock. If the same thing doesn't happen at the same time every day, he gets all stressed out and upset. 11:00 is bed time, 5:30 is getting up time and 6:15 is breakfast. This makes the weekend stressful for him because I like to sleep in a little anyway.

sandooch

I see I am in good company. Seems there are many of us with pet alarm clocks. lol I thoroughly enjoyed reading everyones posts about this.