Plant based food

Maternal

Of course a vegetarian would say that plant based food is way more nutritious, healthy, fresher and even tastier than meat and other animal based food. But is that true?

jason

Have a great day
I think there needs to be a balance. You cannot get everything you need through vegetables. But meat is lacking also.

Saffron

I agree with Jason...we need balanced meals...Some animals in nature are carnivore, while others are sustanded solely by grasses and grains...but I think humans complex system functions best with a combination of many things that exist in nature.

Dreyfush

I agree about the balanced meals to fulfill the need of our body. Even some vegetarians still drink milk to get the nutrition they couldn't find in plant based food.

Maternal

Some animals in nature are carnivore, while others are sustanded solely by grasses and grains...but I think humans complex system functions best with a combination of many things that exist in nature.
I ever read somewhere (in a vegetarian book I guess) that human's digestive systems and other bodily functions closely resemble those of herbivore (or granivore). Hence, the human body is designed to eat plant based food. :)

paul

I personally believe that people cannot exist on one thing alone even vegetarians must find protein either in eggs, legumes and/or peanut butter because the vegetable alone are usually not enough for protein as meat is not a source of fruit and vegetables, etc.

Maternal

Well, the term vegetarian comes from "vegetus" (meaning whole, sound, fresh, or lively) instead of "vegetable". So, just because you are vegetarian doesn't mean you can eat vegetables only.