Plain Yogurt

SoftRain

I finally made the switch to plain yogurt for my kids. The amount of sugar in flavored yogurt always bothered me, so I bought plain and flavored it with honey. The kids seem to like it.

What are some other flavor ideas?

Luvkenny

How about chopping up fruit and adding it? You can also flavor it by making your own granola mix. Dried berries, oatmeal, almonds, etc. - that would surely add flavor too. Congrats on making the switch.

Lyra

Have you tried making it at home? I don't care for yogurt, so I can't give any suggestions. But I have heard making it at home is easy and better for you.

SoftRain

Lyra, I don't like yogurt either, so it's hard to know what would be good and how much of it to put in.

LuvKenny, thanks for your suggestions!

chabella

All Lady
Flavor it on your own and you will do much better in the end. I still buy Greek in different brands (trying to find the best) and I will toss just about anything in it to liven it up. My favorite so far is strawberries but the store prices are driving me crazy right now so I swapped to blueberries recently.

SuzyQ

I love yogurt and I actually prefer it unsweetened with just fruit, like bananas, or some vanilla sugar. I have also used crushed pineapple and blueberries. Someone I know likes it with rhubarb, ugh!

Valerienne

I like greek yogurt mixed with honey, lemon juice and sparkling water. It's very refreshing on hot days. I also mix natural yogurt with natural blueberry, raspberry or black currant jam. It's also good with pineapples.