Organic chocolate

Trudy

I've heard it all now. In addition to buying organic meats and produce, we can now buy organic chocolate. A surge in profits of organic cocoa and cocoa beans is due to the increasing demand for a crop produced organically.

Lcd975

I'm on board with anything thing that keeps harmful pesticides out of our bodies. I love chocolate so this is a plus for me. I've tasted some and I think it is better than the regular kind. Some of it can bea little pricey but that's another plus for me; I won't indulge as much!

Parker

I love organic chocolate. It's been on the market for awhile. I also agree that anything grown without pesticides is a very good thing. I especially love organic dark chocolate covered almonds. Delicious!

Sarah C.

I think organic chocolate tastes better as well. It may be psychological, because I like the fact that no pesticides were used. It's about time we take control of what is in our food, and organic gives us that opportunuty.

2Nature

Why is that that everything tastes good costs more? :) I mean I understand why organic stuff is more expensive but some prices are just bloated out of proportion.

meowcow

The organic trend is something I am very much for. I am not against paying a little more to have my food be more natural. I do wish it were cheaper though so we can all just have food this way, and not just for those who can afford it. It's everyone's human right to live a healthy life and to have access to clean and healthy food.

2Nature

What is good right now is growing organic food for selling. You can make a lot of money on this. But the catch is you need to invest and wait a few years while it pays off and only them it will really pay off. So if you have money to do this I would warmly suggest it.

hunysukle

I'm all ears whenever I hear about any new organic product that comes out. I would love to try organic chocolate someday for it's health benefits and taste, of course. I bet it's expensive though.

SoftRain

Organic chocolate doesn't surprise me; it comes from a crop like many other foods, so why not have an organic version? I haven't tried it myself yet though.

artistry

Well this should be a real winner. I wonder if the calorie content will be lower? Great odea. I love chocolate.

Esperahol

Great. Maybe the chocolate companies will focus on making ungodly amounts of money of this and therefore leave the rest of us with cheaper products. I do so miss getting a candy bar for less then a dollar.

Meow

It's been around for years. Taste-wise I don't think it's too different, but it's definitely not a bad thing.

SweetPea

I cant normally afford all organic so I pick and choose. I wish I could afford to do it all. Organic chocolate sounds heavenly! I do buy organic coffee though, I drink that every day.

shaunche

What do you mean by you've heard it all? Organic chocolate is not a new food phenomenon, it has been around for years. Buying organic chocolate is a good idea if you can afford it because the cocoa plant is sprayed heavily with pesticides.

Kaybee517

Now I've heard it all now too. Organic chocolate? I 've never tried organic chocolate so I'm wondering if there is any difference in the taste.

misumaru15

I think I have seen some at Whole Foods. They have yummy white chocolate bars. I suppose you can rest easier that it is organic and fair trade.

ghanashyam

Banned
I will love it though I do not see such chocolates here in India. I think it is high time that use of pesticides be monitored in food industries, especially when the packed foods are increasing in the market.

beckyv1265

When I eat chocolate I prefer European chocolates anyway so they always cost me more because they are imported. It also helps me to savor them and not eat the whole thing at once.

claudine

This sounds great, especially because I'm a chocolate addict. I've never tried organic chocolate but now I definitely want to! Is it very expensive? Are there any organic chocolates that are gluten-free?

Basil Nut

I've never tasted organic chocolate. I do enough damage with the regular kind. Now I'm finding that organic chocolate tastes better? That's just what I need -- better tasting chocolate. Oh, why did you tell me? I adore chocolate.