Only water?

chabella

All Lady
Is it just a myth that water alone can detox the body or does it only do so to a certain degree? I drink plenty of water but anything under 6 cups a day and I feel horrid.

dissn_it

I think it is only to a certain degree. It does do a lot of good but if you are trying to detox for a certain reason, I think you would need to do more than just drink water.

chabella

All Lady
I wonder what degree it is. We always flush ourselves when we are under the weather and when I am sick most times it feels like I can drink 3x my normal amount.

Sugarhill

No. It's not a myth. Are there things that can help in combination? Yes. But, I would only stick to the things that are in nature, because people have been detoxing their bodies long before they even realized they were detoxing.

So, I'd use water to flush the system and other fruits or bran to eliminate waste from my body.

Lyra

You need more then just water to detox. It does help to wash toxins away. But you need to add other elements to get more of a detox then that. Even just adding a squeeze of lemon to the water can make a big difference.

Myrrh

I try to drink lots of water because of the impression that water is a natural detox aid and so it flushes toxins out of the body. I think that it is true to a certain degree. However, the body needs more than just water to get rid of the toxic build-up.

AnonaMoss

I imagine that water is one of the best detoxs for us. It may take time, but if your aren't eating junk food and only drinking water, you should detox naturally.

Randomhero

Is it just a myth that water alone can detox the body or does it only do so to a certain degree? I drink plenty of water but anything under 6 cups a day and I feel horrid.
I believe that water is very important to detox the body. Since we have a lot of liquid/water in our body already it must be a good thing right? I drink about 150 oz of water a day or more. The more the better. I want my urine to always be clear!

shaunche

Water will help detox the body by flushing our toxins and improving digestion. However, tap water contains chemicals and toxins, which makes it counter productive. You can alkalize tap water by adding lemon juice to it. Lemon water is used to detoxify the body.

argo

@chabella, it is not a myth. Water is the best for detoxification. The amount you drink is not enough, you need to drink at least two liters (that is 0,5 galons) of water/day.
Let me tell you how I drink water and by doing this I feel extraordinary, seriously.

When I wake-up in the morning I get a bottle of water and drink one liter at once on an empty stomach, I only eat after one hour so it can take effect, for the rest of the day I drink an additional two liters + sometimes four.