One sided headache?

leyash

Anyone ever get a one sided headache? Mine is mostly on the right side. Anyone else? What do you do?

Lyra

Yes! I have one right now, on the left side. Usually mine are the beginning of a migraine, or a rebound headache a day after a migraine. I hope I'm not brewing up a migraine right now. I have too much to do tonight!

SweetPea

Im a left side as well. I find its from neck tension or being on the computer too long. Allergy season makes it come and go more often.

I don't really suffer from one sided headaches, but I do get headaches in one area of my body a lot. For instance, my headaches are always in my neck and only in my neck. They never go up into my head much at all. I believe it is caused from my jaw from my TMJ problems. I try to have my husband rub it out, but it never helps. Usually the only thing that works is a half dose of some ibuprofen.

freshfoodie

I do get one sided headaches, usually on the right. Mine is mostly from muscle tension in my neck and sometimes from sinuses. I usually take a warm bath and an Advil. Then I lay in a quiet room with the lights off.

gina121

My father suffered from migraine for nearly 25 years, and he always got his migraine only on one side. It may be a good idea to check this with your doctor, if it is persistent, unbearable and is always one-sided. It is also possible that it is vision-related?

I usually only get a headache on one side. I assumed that was normal headache procedure. Are there people who get headaches on both sides at once?

kayhill

I've started having more headaches on my left side since I began working from home on my computer. They usually start with a sharp pain in my left eye and sometimes my sight becomes blurry. I agree with another poster, I usually take an Advil or Motrin and rest in a quiet dark room for a few hours. The less I am on the computer, the less frequent I have them.

leyash

Mine was on the right side, a bit above my ear, almost to the top of my head, but not quite. About 2-3 inches away from my temple. I've got TMJ and I had a flare up that started about two weeks ago, and finally started to subside about two days ago. When the jaw pain started leaving, so did the headache. Haven't had a headache in two days. Whewww. That was rough! I thought it would never go away. It never got PAINFUL, just uncomfortable and annoying. No other symptoms associated with it, so it wasn't anything severe.

And yes, I've learned NOT to google health related things. Lord knows, this headache could have been a brain tumor or aneurysm, lol!!

I get migraines and they are always one sided. They are almost always on the right side and my doctor said that is very common with migraines. If you have something with caffeine when you get one does it help at all? It doesn't take mine away, but will often lessen the pain.

leyash

I get migraines and they are always one sided. They are almost always on the right side and my doctor said that is very common with migraines. If you have something with caffeine when you get one does it help at all? It doesn't take mine away, but will often lessen the pain.
No, caffeine doesn't help. This is why I am almost positive that it's starting out as a tension headache. I think it's chronic. It's there just about 24/7, but varies in intensity most of the time.

Esperahol

It sounds like a tension headache and I am sorry to ay I have little to no experience with those. Therefore I have no handy tips or anything.

Jessi

Yep. In fact, pretty much any time I get a headache, it only effects one side of my head. Occasionally my entire head will hurt, but that's usually with a cold where my whole face and body ache, too, so I don't count those.

I usually treat them like any other headache... I either suffer through or I take some pain meds.

leyash

My headache has been gone for three days now! WHEWWW! Thank goodness! So glad it finally went away. It was a long few days!

Sage

I get one-sided headaches all the time, but mine are usually on the right. If they are ever on the left they are really, really bad.

sandooch

I've had a headache on the right side of my head for quite a while now, probably 2 weeks. It isn't too bad, just bothersome. Does anyone think that it could be related to the side of our head we normally hold our cell phones to? You never know, right? Maybe I should switch sides for a while and see what happens.